Monday, May 5, 2008

Loving the California Life!




Gary and I are currently living in the beautiful state of California. We are up on the northern coast in a city called Fremont. One of the billion reasons why its so much fun being married to Gary is because of his occupation. For the past four summers Gary has traveled to Las Vegas, Reno, Oklahoma, Illinois and now Fremont to sale security systems. I being his wife, have bean lucky enough to accompany him on these adventures. When we were dating I visited him in Oklahoma for about a week (the best vaca ever!) and last summer we lived in Romeoville, Illinois which ironically is next to a city named Joliet, ha! And now we are here in California soakin up the sun and working are darndest. Gary is doing really well so far with his sales and I am currently still looking for a job. It is so easy to get caught up in work during the summer that we tend to forget about the things that are most important. Because of this, Gary and I have made it a point to stay focused and faithful. On our way to Cali I made a scripture chart. We haven't missed a day yet and I can't tell you the difference it has made. Its amazing how good it feels when your doing what you should. The Lords plan truly is the plan of happiness. When we follow the teachings of the Lord through the scriptures and through our prophet, it brings inevitable happiness along with it. I am so grateful to the Lord for making me so happy.

4 comments:

Andee said...

Misty!! I love reading about Cally! good blogging! you have such a great attitude. tell me more about your scripture list and how the apartment is and your job search and so on...
Lovies!!

Eleyna Julia said...

Hey girl! Cali sounds so great. Good luck with the job hunt. I love your other posts too. Being married is the best. Just wait until the kids come along-the more the merrier! Speaking of which, when are you two going to start making cute lil' babies? Get on it! :-)

brookiebaby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brookiebaby said...

hi girlie!
This is your old aerobics buddy!
I'm so glad that you have a blog, because it makes keeping in touch soooo much easier! Add me to your list:
ry4nandbr00ke.blogspot.com
(fyi: there is a number 4, and two 00s in there)
P.S. I kinda don't like you for being in a fun place like Cali, when I'm still here in Sanpete! :)
ha ha!