Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fitness Blog

Aloha everyone! Hawaii is beautiful and things are going great! I have to take a bunch of pics and then blog about it so be expecting some exciting blogs to come. For those who visited my other fitness blog and commented on it, thank you! For some reason I can't log onto the account so I figure I will do my fitness bloging on this account. Hopefully that works. SO, I had a person ask me about water and if it can help with weight loss. The answer to that question is yes! Water helps our kidneys function better and our kidneys help our Liver function better. The Liver is the "filter" of the body. It cleanses the digestive system which makes our metabolism faster. SO, in a nut shell, drinking water speeds up our metabolism! Yay! Not to mention it is good for our skin and helps produce more ATP which is what gives us energy. Water is grrrrrreat! I also got another question about muscle soreness and if it is ok to work out sore muscles. The answer is that it is 100% ok and even recommended to work out sore muscles. Working sore muscles can possibly break down the lactic acid that is making you sore. Just remember to always wait 48 hours before working out the same muscle group. When we work out our muscles we are damaging them. It is during the recovery time or healing time when you actually build muscle. SO, something to keep in mind. Thanks for these questions! It makes me feel good to talk about these things because I am not training in Hawaii and I miss it. Thanks again and please leave a comment on either this blog or even right me an email on my facebook or gmail account (ebuckway@gmail.com). I will respond on this blog. Thanks guys!

1 comment:

Andee said...

Excellent answers El! Thank you! I'm going to go drink water and work out now! Actually I need a nap....but after thst I'm all over it! :)