Monday, October 11, 2010

Over Due Buckway Update!!!

Well hello friends and family! SO sorry I have been absent from blogging for the past ........... lets just say really really long time. Since my last entry our lives have done a 180. So much has changed. Lets reflect back on Nov. 2009, if your thinking at this point that this is going to be a very long blog entry then your probably right. I will try to paraphrase the best I can. So Hawaii was a dream. We loved living in Kona for the short four months that we did. The actual internship was not ideal but instead of remembering that drama I like to remember all the days Gary and I spent laying on the beach, listening to the waves, and reading/talking. We love love loved being beach bums for a while. When we got home, we both got jobs. I was working as an office manager for a dental office and Gary was selling cars. We were living with my parents and saving up money, i know really cool. As lame as it sounds we loved living there. My mom is the most wonderful woman in the world and was always cooking and caring for us. We had a lot of fun but we were wondering when things were going to kick into gear.

Gary officially graduated in April with his Bachelors Degree in Business Management. I am so proud of him. He didn't love school but he stuck it out and completed a really tough major. Thats my man!

We then decided we would start looking for a home. Just FYI for those of you that don't own a home yet. It is the most time consuming, stressful, and annoying process known to man. Ok, that might be some what of an exaggeration, but it was a very long process. We finally found a perfect town home for us in Draper. We live on Daisy Field Dr. Don't you just love the sound of that. It's just as cute as it sounds. It is a three bedroom, two bath and is the perfect size for us.

During this annoying house hunt, I was constantly looking for jobs. I did not feel content as an office manager. With my degree in Exercise Science, it was definitely not an ideal job for me. It was just a job to pay the bills. I was constantly applying for jobs and better opportunities. little did I know what was in store for me. When I was searching online I found the perfect job for me. It was a Group Fitness Manager for the 24 Hour Fitnesses In Utah. I knew it was a big stretch to get such a great job but I applied. I also facebooked and emailed the hiring manager and did what ever else it took to get noticed. Then, miraculously I got called for an interview. It was a three step interview process. I was at the gym getting ready to teach a Turbo Kick class when I got the call saying that I got the job!!!!! It was one of the happiest days of my life. I taught a rocking Turbo class after that. Ever since that day I have been working harder then I ever have before. This is an incredible job and it is A LOT of work! I am in charge of the Group Fitness program for every club in Utah - Total of 7. I am in charge of hiring/firing new instructors, budgets, changing schedules, coordinating over 100 instructors, promoting our national partners, launching new formats, and the list goes on. I am growing so much with this job. I love a good challenge and this is definitely one of those. I am getting a little bit better at time management but some times I just have to force myself to not think about work for just an hour out of the day or so. It is just so hard when there is so much going on. Having an obsessive personality doesn't help much.

Gary just put in his two weeks at the car dealership and is looking for something new. If any of you know of anything please let us know. He is a very smart man that just needs the right opportunity to apply his incredible qualities.

The last Buckway update is the best so far. About four months ago we surprisingly found out that we are PREGNANT!! WHAT! Crazy, i know. It still has not officially sunk in. Even though it was a surprise, it feels like it happened right when it should have. It feels so right. The baby is just a little bean right now, but I just love it so so so much! I have been so busy that it still hasn't quite sunk in yet. Hopefully it hits me a little bit more before it is hear! We find out on Oct.25th what we are having. Gary is so excited! My mom bought us a crib the other day. I surprised Gary with it when he got home from work. It was so fun to see how excited he was about it. It is so incredible thinking that you made a child with the love of your life and that our baby is going to share our features. Its amazing! It has been going on since the beginning of time but you just don't realize how incredible it is until it happens to you.

Well, that is our novel of an update. Thank you for reading and caring. Life is so good! Below are some random pictures of the last while.


I just wanted you guys to see how goofy my family is....

And how Beautiful my sisters are!

Region 105 at IDEA. Go Froot Loops!

Getting read to pump it at BODY PUMP!
The 24 HF Thugs!

What! I am pregnant????
I AM PREGNANT!!!




5 comments:

Mrs. Micek said...

Congrats Ell!! I am so excited for you!! Having a baby is the most wonderful thing in the whole world and I can't wait for you to experience it!!

Miss you!

Jessi said...

hooray you updated the blog!!!!! Keep it up!

Andee said...

Love this post! I absolutely love the second to last picture.

Kelly said...

Elles my dear! Hows my old roomie?! I am so glad u told me about your blog. You will need to add mine! That is so cool you guys are preggers! We should get together very very soon :]

Halo BW said...

please post more often!

https://www.riverockfestival.net/2020/11/pinjaman-online.html