Friday, July 18, 2008

American Idol


So Wednesday around seven o'clock I heard on the radio that American Idol auditions were being held the next day. So my curiosity started ticking. In previous seasons of American Idol I have always wished that I would have tried out. I felt like if I didn't take the opportunity then I would regret it. So I called my wonderful husband up who was on his way home and told him about it. He was so supportive and agreed to drive down to San Fran with me that night and register for the audition. The next morning we woke up at five thirty and left for the audition. There were ridiculous amounts of people there, thousands! There were also at least ten video cameras going around and filming the maddness. We even saw Justin off of the first Season of American Idol (he is the one that was in the final two with Kelly Clarkson). It was awesome. His hair is even bigger in person. We were told the night before at registration that it would be a fast prosess, ha! Gary and I were there for 10 hours! Seven in the morning till five in the evening. Yeah I was about ready to burst. Gary was more patient then me. He is so chill, it helps me stay calm. We waited ten hours for me to sing ten seconds of a song. American Idol auditions is really not what it seems. Very few people actually see Randy, Paula, and Simon. They were not even there at these auditions. Out of four to five thousand people that were there, probably only about fifty made it to the second round. Unfortunately I was not one of them, however, it was such a good experience. I am so happy that I did it. Now I can say that I tried and not have to wonder and regret anymore. After the audition, traffic was so bad that Gary and I went to Fisherman's Wharf and had a sour dough bread bowl and shared a fantastic crepe. It was a great reward for waiting all day in an American Idol line. What husband waits in a ten hour line with his wife. Talk about supportive. I love you Gary!

2 comments:

JDD said...

You certainly were a finalist in our Durrant Family idol (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnNsMpB0Zmk )

:)

Our Family said...

Ellie!! You are so awesome! I wouldn't have been surprised of you had made it...had you come back to Utah and tried out here, it probably wouldn't have been as busy and crazy! I'm glad you are enjoying married life as well! We are really happy! This will be a good way to keep in touch!